STK Miami’s Chef Aaron Taylor is bringing the heat
Chef Aaron Taylor joined The ONE Group family in 2011, accepting the position of Executive Chef of STK Miami. During his time there, Taylor pushed the restaurant forward by incorporating a variety of local seafood and game fishes on the menu while staying true to the restaurant’s core steakhouse fare. As a seasoned culinary professional, his approach is centered on creating flavorful dishes through the use of simple, locally sourced, seasonal ingredients.
Chef Aaron now serves as the Regional Corporate Executive Chef for The ONE Group where he oversees the kitchens for multiple STK locations including Miami, Atlanta, Washington DC and our upcoming Orlando location.
Get to know him a little better in our second installment of ASK THE CHEF:
1) What is your hometown?
2) What is your favorite menu item – both core or special?
Cheddar Jalapeno Grits
3) What is your signature dish?
Spiced Duck Breast
4) What inspires your dishes?
My inspiration comes from the changing seasons and using seasonal products in a simple manner.
5) What do you always keep in your fridge?
6) What’s your favorite thing about Miami?
7) What would you choose as your last meal on earth?
My Grandmother’s Mac & Cheese - brings back so many great family memories.
8) If you could cook for one famous person – living or dead – who would it be?
My Grandparents. They may not be famous, but I was never able to share my professional success with them before they passed.
9) What is a food/culinary trend that you’re SO over?
Foams and Fluid Gels
10) What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
11) What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
“Keep your eyes on the prize.”
12) If you weren’t a chef, what would you be?
Professional Hockey Referee
Sample Chef Taylor’s signature creations at STK Miami!